Film Making Career In India
Film Making Career In India
These days The Whole world is looking closely at Indian filmmakers, As they’re not restricted to movies only but the creativity can be Observed easily in Newsreels, commercials, music videos and documentaries – all catering to different audiences – and all equally intense to produce. If You are looking To take Filmmaking as a career goal, There are several courses that you may opt, depending on your preferences.
Technical courses require Senior Secondary Education; others require graduation. In all cases, there’s going to be aptitude testing. All over India, there are several Institutions offering Diploma, Degrees and certificate courses, that can help you to learn a lot in almost all field of Filmmaking- Like Direction, Cinematography, Animation, Photography, Acting, Production etc. The specialization you choose depends on your taste, interest, stamina and Strengths
Potential employers include:
- Film Studios
- Advertising Agencies
- Government Departments
- Production Houses
- Self-employment through marketing of personal skills
Filmmaking careers can be direct or indirect. Careers actually involve distributors, archivists, critics, and of course film projects there are no real single filmmaking courses.
- Producer: The producer’s main job is to make sure that everybody else is doing theirs, choosing the story, manages resources, appoints the cast and crew including the director, chooses locations, manages legalese etc. He can even direct. The post is usually held by Mass Comm. graduates from film and television institutes.
- Director: Producer’s, right-hand man. It’s him that most people will have to work with; his will that translates the producer’s vision. The choreography, the costume, the music and crew all rely on him.
- Editor: It is the editor’s job to put everything in sequence. He has to work very closely with the director and the producer to keep their visions true. He chooses what must be re-shot and what need to be cut away. He does special effects and synchronizes the soundtrack.
- Screenplay Writer: The screenwriter brings his creative and visualization talents to translate between these mediums. A literature graduate or anyone with creative writing skills can pick this up.
- Animator: This, the creation of moving images, requires more formal tangible technical skills; cartoons, commercials, games etc can all use an animator. Fine arts, graphic design, and animation design graduates are perfect here.
- Cinematographer: It’s a job with high technical expertise requirements. He works closely with director, compiles the scenes, Do all editing work.
- Cameraman: This is the cinematographer’s right-hand man; must have high technical proficiency and an in-depth knowledge of cameras.
- Lighting Technician/Operator: Turning day into night, or shifting moods with just the change of color; this job requires high technical skill and experience.
- Soundmen: A degree in video making /Electronics with a high school science background helps a lot here – recording, dubbing, sound mixing and effects … AND keeping all that in sync with the video.
You may Google around to Find a good Institution around you and Kick-start Your Career In Filmmaking.